Friday, May 09, 2003

For you, one that I dream of


Come inside and share my love. I have never shared it before. I have never been in love. I do not open up to many. When I do, I just get hurt. I wear a shell around my heart made of stone. I discard it when I am alone with you. Where did this hardness come from and appear so cold on the outside. "It is because I have not had a dream in a long time. See this life I have had can make a good man turn bad. So please, please, please let me get what I want this time. Lord knows it would be the first time." There is a warm man on the inside.


When you said you cared, it touched my soul. No one has ever cared enough to say so. I hope there will never be another. I've met many people. As I get to know them they begin to believe they know me better than I know myself. I end up not wanting to know them at all. But you're different.


Let's not put faith in marriage and simply believe in us. It is not a piece of paper or a ring that are the bonds of love, it is you and I. Believe in the future and do not look back; the past is no friend of ours. I believe in children because they are the future. Marriage is for children. Until then I will be your hopeless romantic. (billbill, 1992)